Where To Get A Sample Research Paper Introduction Paragraph
If you are tasked with writing a research paper, you have to cover many elements. One of the key elements to any good research paper is the introduction. The introduction is an important component, one which serves as the roadmap for the remainder of the essay. Without the introduction your readers will be unsure of what comes next. Your readers will be unable to determine early on if your paper is worth reading or if it applies to their research. The beginning to your paper should cover approximately 10% of the total length of your assignment. It should also have approximately one sentence for everybody paragraph that the remainder of your final paper will contain. Instead of providing the reader with all of the details up front the beginning of your paper should provide them with small inklings or snippets of what is to come. Much like an appetizer you want to start your reader off with something small that serves as a representation for what is to come.
In spite of understanding the purpose many students still struggle with this introductory part to their research. Students struggle finding the right words or covering the right elements. And that is where he sample comes into play. If you are able to obtain a sample of just the introductory paragraph alone, you will give yourself all the tools you need to follow the information that you read and to make sure your final product matches the quality that you saw.
So where can you get a sample?
- You can turn your teacher and ask them for a sample.
- You can turn to your previous coursework in other classes and any previously written essays.
- You can ask your fellow classmates if they have a sample which you can borrow.
- You can look through writing guides that provide samples at the end of the book.
- You can visit your local public or school library. Your library should contain samples written by other students as well as samples inside of reference work and writing guides.
- You can look online. The Internet is a treasure trove for academic and educational resources which you can use to draft the perfect introductory paragraph. You can find samples other students are posted or that other academic professionals are posted.
- You can turn to a tutor or a school based writing program designed to give students basic academic tools and support.