10 Outstanding Psychology Research Paper Topics
Psychology is the study of what people think and why they think it but it’s also so much more. Psychology students have the privilege of working with some of the most fascinating theories on human behaviour created by some of the best and strangest minds the world has ever seen. This are some huge shoes to fill as an upcoming researcher. In selecting a topic to delve into, consider the following:
- Have many other people approached this topic before you?
If this is the case, you may benefit from choosing another topic or approaching this topic in a wildly different way. This can be difficult but is necessary if you don’t want your work to fade into obscurity because there are so many alternative studies to read that are by more famous researchers than yourself.
- Is this topic worthy of being researched?
There are some researchers whose main intention in their work is to satisfy a personal curiosity. In those cases, the only reason for engaging in research is wanting to know. For others who care about advancing humanity by solving a problem, the extent of the problem should be considered.
- Are you in possession of all the resources you need to achieve your goal?
There are some hypotheses that are just as wonderful as they are impractical to test. If you would like to know what would happen if everyone on the planet focused on the same thing at the same time you will not be able to find out. Some people would not agree and synchronizing the thought would be absolute chaos in some regions. Scale back if it helps.
The list below contains some amazing research topics.
- How beneficial is the use of meditation and other holistic remedies compared to pharmaceutical methods in the treatment of depression?
- Can music therapy be effectively self-taught?
- Should smartphone use be limited in toddlers for the sake of their psychological development?
- What causes spontaneous deviant psychological behaviour in people who have had good childhoods?
- Does the American education system in any way encourage psychopathology?
- Does the consumption of animals have negative effects on the human psyche?
- How does pet ownership increase wellbeing?
- Do MMORPGs provide an adequate substitute for real life human interaction?
- Is Freud’s theory of psycho-sexual development still relevant?
- Can binaural beats be used as an effective treatment for anxiety?
Add aspects of other matters currently in the public consciousness to get a more unique research topic.