What To Know About The Biology Research Paper Outline Format
When you’re faced with a new type of assignment for the first time, it can be a bit daunting. This is especially true for biology research papers, as they require very specific layouts because of their scientific nature. However, you need not worry. This helpful guide will tell you everything you need to know about the biology research paper outline format.
Always check your assignment brief first
As soon as you get your assignment brief, read through it very carefully before you do anything else. You should take note of important details like the due date, but also be on the lookout for any information regarding the outline format that you are required to use. There’s no point in spending ages working on your biology research paper, only to find you’ve done it wrong because you didn’t read the assignment brief.
A description of the standard biology research paper outline format
There is a standard biology research paper outline format that most students use for their work. It is described as follows:
- A cover sheet or title page that includes your work’s title, the subject, your class number, your name, the year, and your teacher’s name
- A table of contents that lists the headings and subheadings in the work
- An introduction that contains your thesis statement, the purpose of your work, and a brief summary of what is in the rest of the paper
- The main body of your work that should contain all your research to support your thesis statement
- A conclusion that provides a brief summary of the main points of your work
Look on the Internet or in a book if you need more information
If, after reading this handy guide, you feel that you still need a bit more information, don’t hesitate to look in the Internet. Thankfully, there are countless academic writing websites that will provide you with any extra information that you may need. Just make sure that you use a reputable website, or you may end up with incorrect information. If you would rather use a book, go to the library and find a good book about academic writing, as it should contain the extra information you need.
If you’re unsure, ask your teacher
Finally, if you’re still unsure about which outline format to use for your biology research paper, you should make an appointment to see your teacher about it. Ask him or her to explain exactly what they expect from you. After all, your teacher is there to teach you!