10 Inspiring Western Civilization Topics for Term Papers
When you are writing your essay on the topic involving the western civilization. You want to make sure that you choose a topic that is more specific. You would have to write an entire book if you chose to write about western civilization as a whole. Choose a time period or locality to focus on. And then conduct your research in these defined areas. That way your topic will not be too broad.
Your term paper is expected to be rather lengthy. You will need to conduct some fairly extensive research on the topic as well. So be sure to choose a topic that is broad enough to supply enough research materials. So, you are thinking “here we go, first you said not to specific and then you said not too broad”. Yes, it can be a little intimidating. As you are doing your research, you will be able to judge whether you are on the right track or not. If you have a bunch of materials and you are struggling to come up with a thesis, narrow your search. If you have too little that you can’t meet the requirements for sources or you are struggling to come up with at least three facts to support your thesis, broaden your search.
Here are some good term paper topics to get the brainstorming a boost:
- Discovering the mystery of Stonehenge
- The ancient key: Rosetta Stone
- Why were the Sphinx built?
- How did Socrates influence his world and the future?
- How did agriculture allow civilizations to grow into larger populations?
- What caused Rome to fall?
- Discuss the rise of Christianity
- How were Europeans influenced by the discovery of the New World?
- What would things be like today if Adolf Hitler was still alive?
- What is the educational system like in Western Civilization?
Here are ten inspiring ideas to get you started. You can use this list to create your own. If you are still struggling, you can always check your text book’s table of contents for ideas. It will help you choose a relevant topic which is very important. You have to make sure that you choose an interesting and relevant topic. You should start to develop an outline once you start doing some research. It will help you keep your ideas focused on your thesis.