A Complete Guide To Writing A Research Paper Proposal In The APA Format
The brilliant thing with research papers that they are naturally meant to impress you, thanks to their creditable format. Here is how you should channel your paper in APA format.
- The title page has to have all content in a centrally aligned manner. The title, your name and the University name all stand in the middle of the page. The top has a running head where the title is mentioned in all caps. The page should have nothing else.
- The first content-driven page is the abstract where you present the scope of your research in a crisp and summarized manner. Here you present the pertinent questions; the problems that plague the topical theme and how you plan to solve the quotients.
- You need to write all lines in double-spacing and 12 pts Times New Roman. The paragraphs should all be indented save and except the Abstract which follows a space after the main head (ABSTRACT) written in central alignment and without any decoration.
- The body of the paper should have clinical exhibition of what you have in mind for the method, analysis and conclusion. Thankfully, you can bypass the Literature Review. All the statutory rules apply and you should proofread thoroughly to check whether you have not committed any errors.
- There should be in-text citations for any mention of works done by somebody else. Obviously, in a paper of such stature, there are bound to be allusions, references and quotes. You should follow it up with the writer’s last name and the page number in brackets.
- There will also be a reference page wherein you align the cursory citations made in-text. The resources have to be duly described. You need not annotate them in the proposal but it is ideal to go for annotated bibliography in the actual paper.
- The alphanumeric hierarchy should be established throughout the paper. This means that precedence is given to Roman Numerals; then to Capital letters, Arabic numerals and small numerals where headings are concerned.
You should go through credible samples to identify the current patterns and also visit the official format style site to note whether there has been a change in the guidelines. You cannot afford to lag behind in patterns.
You will also need to mention the time-frame by which you will finish the actual paper. This estimation should be genuine and cultivated after taking different situations in mind. Go for it with a clinical mind.