How To Write A Strong Research Paper Conclusion In The MLA Style: Professional Tips
In MLA writing style, you will basically include a work cited list in the conclusion area. This will basically follow your conclusion. It is very critical to consider the two elements separately, so that you can come up with the most appropriate conclusion for your research paper. The following are some of the things to consider as you are writing a conclusion of your research paper
- Restating the thesis statement You should note that you should only use a single sentence here, don’t spend lots of time and space restating this. Keep it simple but straight to the point.
- Restate the thesis apart from the thesis statement
- Summarize your main points. You will basically need to remind your readers some of the main points contained in your body. The best way of doing this is by re-reading topic statement in all your paragraphs and restating the point’s in your conclusion. Conclusions should not contain new information, but a reflection to what one wrote
- Add the point’s up. This is specifically for papers which proceed in an inductive manner and one has not had the chance to explain the significance of various points, you should do this in the conclusion.
- Make a call to action when it is appropriate. This can basically be done by encouraging your readers to further research on your topic or any other related topics. This is usually done by including follow up statements which introduces new areas where research is needed.
This is achieved by a narrowed view of the main consideration of your writing. You can try to re-word your statement to come up with the first statement of your thesis.
These are some of the important things you should consider. Making your conclusion as effective as much as possible is also a very critical factor; this is achieved by following the named factors:
- Always stick to a basic synthesis of information. This includes rephrasing your thesis and all supporting points
- Linking your introduction to conclusion. In your introduction, you can ask a question which will be restated and answered in the conclusion
- Close with logic. You can use your conclusion to state any logical opinion which might be formulated by evidence in your work
- Pose a question. This is a quite effective strategy. This is basically asking the reader to form his or her own conclusion
For an MLA style paper, the conclusion part has a citation area, where bibliographical detail concerning various source are stated. MS office and also MS word mac can be used instead of manually citing the article, book or web pages.